13.8.06

Saved!


"Second hand smoke kills."
"I'm counting on it."

Teen angst, contempt for the out-crowd, the queen bee prom queen, the outcasts. They're all here and all the more toxic in the atmosphere of a Christian high school. The satire wasn't as sharp as I thought it would be, but some aspects of Fundamentalism are nearly immune to satire (as demonstrated in the documentary Hell House where the "Wicca" expert draws a Star of David inside a circle). Enjoyable, though I think I prefer the broader and bloodier ox-goring of Dogma. Macaulay Caulkin is amazing and almost redeems himself for all that "Home Alone" dreck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Radish King said...

Roland, why do you always have to make everyone feel so awkward about your differently-abled-ness?

18/8/06 09:01  
Blogger David said...

Don't make me feel awkward...

18/8/06 15:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home